STAMPIN’ UP! FLOWERING TULIPS EASTER FUN FOLD
Flowering Tulips Easter Fun Fold Card & Video
Stampin’ Up! Flowering Tulips stamp set was fun to use for this beautiful fun fold card. My three favorite colors for Easter Cards are Purple, Pink and Yellow. This one is Highland Heather and who knows what other color(s) might appear before Easter.
Please check out the video to see how to make this card. I always love it when you make the card in your own design and share a photo on my Facebook page or in comments. I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making and sharing it with you.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold the Highland Heather card base in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder. Fold the Basic White 8” x 5” mini card base on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Adhere the Designer Series Paper to Highland Heather card base with Liquid Glue (showing is Simply Marbleous DSP).
- Use the 2 oval shaped dies from the Framed Florets to cut out the middle section of the card front. You can cut both dies at once, make sure you place the outer die with the hearts facing the correct direction and then tape both dies together before cutting. Since you are cutting through 2 layers it may take about 4 trips through the Cut & Emboss Machine to cut all the way through. I placed a little higher instead of centering dies so I could have room for the greeting at the bottom.
- Set you White mini card base into the middle of the Highland Heather card base with the white card base opening on the left side, do not adhere at this time. Close the Highland Heather card base so you can see where the window closed on the white. Make a light mark with a pencil where you want the top of your middle flower to be on the White.
- Watch the video to see how to stamp the flowers with Highland Heather Ink. This is a Two Stamp process. Since I used the same color for both stamps, I stamped the first one full strength then stamp off for the second stamps before stamping over the first flower. Follow this method for all 3 flowers. Stamp the center flower center with Memento Black Ink. The stem and leaves are stamped in Granny Apple Green Ink.
- Open the White mini card base and stamp a flower, stem and leaves on the left side in the bottom left corner. Stamp you saying from the Rejoice in Him Granny Apple Green Ink above the flower. Adhere this panel inside your Highland Heather card base making sure that it’s centered and the flowers are appearing through the front cut out.
- The greeting is from Crazy About You (retired) and is heat embossed with White Embossing Powder onto a piece of Highland Heather cardstock. Cut out with the Stylish Shape Dies. Adhere to card front center on the bottom with Dimensionals.
- Add 3 Embellishments to Flowers.
- And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s Easter.
- Highland Heather: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” (card base), 3-1/2” x 1-1/4”
- Basic White: 8” x 5” scored at 4” (mini card base)
- Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (front)
- Stamps: Flowering Tulips, Rejoice in Him, Crazy About You (retired)
- Dies: Framed Florets, Stylish Shapes
- Cardstock/Paper: Highland Heather, Basic White, Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper (retired)
- Stampin Pads: Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green, Memento Black
- Embellishments: Adhesive Backed Sequins & Gems (retired)
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat
Exciting news is coming from Stampin’ Up on March 29th. That is the date they are releasing which of the existing colors are being retired. Since Pretty Peacock and Lost Lagoon are showcased in the new Hello Irresistible Designer Series Paper there is speculation that they’ll be coming back in the color Revamp Stampin’ Up is doing. So check your email on the 29th in the afternoon to see what’s retiring.
Now is the time to make sure you have ink refills and any cardstock you want more of before it’s gone. I do know that the Fresh Freesia Ink Pads are completely sold out. Since that is an In Color that ends this April it will not be available again. Retiring colors are always limited to stock on hand just before the new catalogue comes out.
Also, don’t forget to check out the New Online Exclusives that are available on Stampinup.com. We don’t know how long these items will be available for and they will not appear in any catalogue. There are some really interesting items to select from.
CLICK TO VIEW ONLINE EXCLUSIVES
Celebrating 10 Years of Growth Paper Pumpkin Kit Plus Free Gift
LAST DAY TO ORDER IS MARCH 10TH
It’s Paper Pumpkin’s 10-year anniversary and we want to celebrate how much we’ve grown! This month’s kit is all about happy greetings, organic and botanical designs digitally painted by our in-house artists, along with all-occasion sentiments to celebrate the happy moments in life and recognize the people around you who help you grow!
And as part of our anniversary celebration, the March Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a FREE GIFT featuring a plant and pot builder to make all your projects plant-astic!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK HERE
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.