STAMPIN’ UP! NESTED FRIENDS CARD
Nested Friends “Hey, There” Card
Stampin” Up! Nested Friends stamp set makes me dream of Spring and all the baby birds learning how to fly. We have bird feeders in our backyard and it’s so enjoyable watching the birds. In the springtime we get even more colorful birds than we have during the winter.
I chose to color this bird in a darker blue. I also did one is Crumb Cake so you could see the difference. I think next time I’ll try a lighter blue as I would like to be able to see the lines in the stamp better. You really don’t need to color the bird if you don’t want to. I had been experimenting coloring the bird different colors which you get to see two of them before you start coloring.
The Nested Friends is in the New Spring January – April Mini Catalog. If you like birds then this is a must have set. I really do like the overlay you can cut out to put over the nest to give it more textured. The Dainty Designs DSP is a Sale-A-Bration Item. I hope you enjoy the card as much as I enjoyed making it.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold you Crumb Cake card base in half on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Adhere the Designer Series Paper to card front.
- Cut your Fabulous Frames frame out of White Cardstock and adhere to card front.
- Stamp the bird nest in Crumb Cake Ink. Using the light and dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends color it in. Color the leaves with the Granny Apple Green Blends and the branch pieces with Soft Suede Blends. Cut the nest out with the coordinating die from he Nested Friends Dies. Also, cut out the nest overlay using the overlay die from the set out of Sahara Sand Cardstock. Glue over the nest or remember to use an adhesive sheet on the Sahara Sand Cardstock prior to cutting out the overlay die. Adhere nest to card front, over the frame, using Dimensional’s.
- For the bird, stamp it in Memento Black Ink on White Cardstock. Color with light Starry Sky Stampin’ Blend and light Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Blend (retired). Color the underside/stomach of bird with light and dark Pale Papaya Blends. Color the beak in Dark Daffodil Delight. Cut out with coordinating die and adhere to card front with a Glue Dot.
- The greeting is from Charming Sentiments stamp set and stamped onto White Cardstock using Granny Apple Green Ink. Cut out with Coordinating die from Sentiment Silhouettes. Adhere to card front with Mini Dimensional’s.
- Add Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots to top and bottom of frame and one underneath greeting.
- The inside was finished with the saying stamped in Granny Apple Green onto White Cardstock. The tree branch was stamped in Soft Suede Ink and the bird in Black Memento. Color the images as you did on the front.
- Finish the Envelope by stamping the branch in Soft Suede Ink and then the bird in Memento Black Ink so it’s standing on the branch.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Crumb Cake: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Sahara Sand: 3-1/2” x 2-1/4”
- Basic White: 3” x 4-1/2” for frame, use the piece from inside of frame to stamp bird and greeting. 4” x 3” for nest, 4” x 5-1/4” inside
- Dandy Designs Designer Series Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Stamps: Nested Friends, Charming Sentiments
- Dies: Nested Friends, Fabulous Frames, Sentiment Silhouettes
- Cardstock/Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic White, Sahara Sands, Dandy Designs DSP
- Stampin Pads: Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green, Starry Soft Suede, Memento Black Ink
- Stampin’ Blends: Light Starry Sky, Light Misty Moonlight (retired), Light & Dark Pale Papaya, Dark Daffodil Delight, Light & Dark Crumb Cake, Light & Dark Granny Apple Green
- Embellishments: Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
Ever Thought About Joining Stampin Up?
Sale-A-Bration is an excellent time to join Stampin’ Up! Family and my Team.
When you Stampin’ Up! You join an an Independent Demonstrator. There is only one requirement and the is meet your quarterly minimum. You can achieve this as a hobbies Demonstrator or by selling the products as a business. The choice is yours.
By becoming a Demonstrator you get early assess to all new products and even receive a discount on the product. There is a Demonstrator only Facebook page which is wonderful to see what other Demonstrators are making around the world.
When you sign up during Sale-A-Bration you can choose from three incredible options:
- Option 1: The exclusive Boho Blue Mini Machine ($63 USD value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 2: The original white Mini Machine ($63 USD value) + your choice of $175 USD* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 3: Your choice of $175 USD* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $99 USD.
*That’s $50 more product than the standard Starter Kit offer!
I would love to have you on my Team. If you have any questions or need more information please email me at Bonnie@Stampingwithbonnielynn.com. I would love to share all the details. If you’re ready to sign up now then click on the button.
Earn Reward Points quickly for a $25 Credit
When placing an order please use the current Host Code* and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
*NEWEST HOST CODE is always located on the right side of webpage midway down.
Key to My Heart January’s Paper Pumpkin Kit
Seal your love this season with the Key to My Heart Paper Pumpkin Kit! This month’s kit represents the tradition of locking a padlock on a bridge to symbolize unbreakable love. It comes with everything you need to make 9 darling love-themed cards—3 each of 3 designs. So, no matter who your dance partner or dinner date is, you can make something heartfelt for them this season.
Plus, this month there is a special add-on! The add-on is a heart-shaped treat box. These Heart Boxes are easy to put together and will take your crafting even further. Add-ons are live during the subscription period, but are only available while supplies. Act quick, and don’t miss out on these Heart Boxes filled with love! ORDER PREPAID KITS HERE
CLICK TO CONTINUE READING