STAMPIN’ UP! HELLO HARVEST GNOMES CARD
Hello Harvest Gnomes Card
There are so many wonderful stamp sets/bundles from Stampin’ Up in the Mini July to December catalog that it makes it hard to decide which one to use. So today I decided that I needed to use at least one item that I hadn’t used yet. One of my favorite things about Fall is pumpkins. Since moving to Idaho, I now grow my own pie pumpkins. For the last 41 years I’ve been cooking pumpkin every Fall for fresh pumpkin pie, there is nothing better in my opinion than fresh pumpkin pie for dessert or breakfast. It was the pumpkin in the Hello Harvest stamp set that sold me on this set plus the sunflowers. Both are easy to color which makes it relaxing. But I had used this set so I still needed something new.
I also wanted to use the Fabulous Frame Dies, to create a picture card. Only the pumpkin and flowers where not enough so I thought of my Gnomes. I hadn’t used them yet and they where chattering that it was there turn for a card. The one sitting down was perfect to sit among the flowers. Selecting the Designer Series Paper was the easy part since I knew I didn’t want any flowers on it and I hadn’t used the Perfectly Penciled yet. I keep everything I haven’t yet used on my countertop where I see it every time I walk into my studio. If it’s sitting out it doesn’t get forgotten.
The saying I put on the inside of the card is generic enough that it can been used for different occasions. That is why I didn’t put a greeting on the card front. And that was my design process for this card. I hope you enjoy the Hello Harvest Gnomes card.
Let’s Get Started
- Stamp the pumpkin, flowers and gnome in memento black ink using your Stamparatus. At this time also stamp the little Sunflower stamp on the White Cardstock for the card inside and your envelope. Using your Stampin Blends color the stamps. For the Pumpkin I used both Pumpkin Pie Blends. To get shading on the bottom of pumpkin I added light Smokey Slate over the Pumpkin Pie. For the pumpkin stem I used Dark Granny Apple Green and Light Soft Suede. For the small Sunflower Stamp and the Sunflowers in the Bouquet I used the both Soft Suede in the centers. I used the Dark first making tiny dots then used the light over the dark and finish coloring the white. For the flower petals I added a little of the Dark Daffodil Delight then colored over it with the light Daffodil Delight. I used both Granny Apple Green’s on the leaves. For the two other flowers I used Cherry Cobbler. For the round circle flowers I used the Light Gray Granite and just a dot of the dark Gray Granite. For the Gnome used the Soft Suedes on the pants and Crumb Cake on the Shirt. Skin on face and hands is with the skin tone colors and the hat is in Pumpkin Pie. Beard is down with Smokey Slate. Shoes are in Black and Smokey Slate.
- Cut the pieces you just colored out with the Coordinating Dies.
- Fold White Card Base in half on the Score line.
- Adhere the Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper to Card Front.
- Emboss one of the White Cardstock panels with the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder and adhere to Card Front.
- Using the Largest Fabulous Frame Die cut out one of the Basic Grey Panels. Use ¼” Foam Tape (non-Stampin’ Up!) to add Frame to Card Front.
- Tape the Pumpkin in place then use Glue Dots to add the Flower Bouquet. The Gnome is attached using Dimensionals. Two of the small Sunflowers were attached using Glue Dots and the other with a Dimensional.
- For an embellishment I added 2 Brushed Brass Butterflies to Card Front.
- The inside of card is finished by adhering a Basic Gray Panel to inside. Using the White Cardstock that you stamped and colored the little Sunflowers on in Step 1, Stamp your Saying in Old Olive Ink. Adhere to Basic Gray Panel.
- Don’t forget to Stamp the Back of your card with a stamp from the Limited-Edition Stamp Set in Old Olive Ink.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Basic White Thick: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2” This is your card base
- Basic White: (2)3-1/2” x 4-3/4” one for card front and card inside
- Basic Gray: (2) 4” x 5-1/4” one each for frame and card inside
- Perfectly Penciled DSP: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Stamps: Hello Harvest, Kindest Gnome
- Dies: Rustic Pumpkin, Gnome Dies, Fabulous Frames
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Basic Gray, Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Old Olive, Black Memento Ink
- Stampin Blends: Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Color Lifter, Skin Tone, Gray Granite, Smokey Slate
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Embossing Folder: Leaf Fall 3D
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
CURRENT HOST CODE
When placing an order please use the current Host Code and earn REWARD POINTS. Once you earn 10 reward points you will receive a $25 shopping credit from me. CLICK HERE for more details.
September’s Spooky Treats Paper Pumpkin Spooky Kit
18 TREAT BOXES FOR THE HALLOWEEN SEASON
Spooky Treats Paper Pumpkin Kit for September is extra special because we’re giving you all the supplies you need to make 18 projects. Our Halloween boxes come in 3 different designs—that’s 6 of each kind! You can even mix and match the pieces to create your own spook-tacular designs.
HOLIDAY CRAFTING BROUGHT TO YOU
Our September Spooky Treats Paper Pumpkin Kit is all about Halloween, but make sure your subscription is up to date because our October and November kits keep the holiday season theme going with Christmas cards and gift tags! We don’t want to give too much away, but a little elf told us that these upcoming kits have even more exclusive, coordinating products to make holiday crafting a breeze!
ENTER TO WIN AN EXCLUSIVE PAPER PUMPKIN BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
To celebrate the season we’re doing a giveaway on social media starting 5 September at 9:00am (MT)! Simply follow @PaperPumpkin on Instagram or the Paper Pumpkin page on Facebook, like either post, and mention three friends in the comments for your chance to win one of two personalized JBL speakers. What better way to listen to our Paper Pumpkin playlists than on a Paper Pumpkin speaker? Be quick because the giveaway closes 8 September at 4:00pm (MT)! And make sure your customers also enter for their chance to win.
Subscribe to the August Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 August and 10 September at paperpumpkin.com!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE PAPER PUMPKIN INFORMATION