STAMPIN’ UP CHRISTMAS BARN SLEIGH RIDE CARD
Christmas Barn Sleigh Ride Happy Christmas Card
Today I am sharing the Stampin’ Up Christmas Barn Bundle from the July to December Mini Catalog. I chose to focus on the sleigh for this card. I have always wanted to take a sleigh ride like the one on this card, how fun would that be and how romantic with the right person. I am ignoring that it would have to be cold too. This card involves relaxing techniques, Blending Brushes and Stampin Blends. A tip to remember when coloring with any type of alcohol markers you want to use only Memento Ink when stamping your stamps. The water base inks are not good for your markers plus the ink can and will smear. I made this card, except for the greeting, about a month ago. I wasn’t going to put one on until I remembered that this card is for Christmas in July so Happy Christmas! It would also make a wonderful winter Birthday or Thank You card.
Let’s Get Started
- Stamp your trees on White Cardstock with Black Memento Ink. Next you want to color using your favorite method of coloring. I chose to use the Soft Succulent and Parakeet Party Stampin Blends. Since the trees in a forest vary in shades, I used different greens on each tree, and on each tree, I used the dark color first leaving white spaces then took the light and colored over the dark to blend it into the white. Cut out with the coordinating die.
- Next cut the fence out of White Cardstock and color with Soft Suede Stampin Blends.
- Stamp the sleigh in Memento Black Ink onto White Cardstock and color using the Soft Suede light on the horse, Real Red, Light Calypso Coral, Orchard Oasis, and Soft Succulent plus a skin tone on the faces. Cut out with the coordinating die.
- The rabbit is from the Snowman Magic stamp bundle was stamped in Grey Granite Ink. Add a little light pink to the rabbit’s ear. Cut out with the coordinating die.
- Fold your Card Base on the score line and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Mask off the bottom half of card front (I used post-it notes). With a Blending Brush lightly blend Balmy Blue Ink for the sky.
- Adhere 4 trees to the left side of card front using Seal on two of them and Dimensionals on two of them. Leave a pathway and then add the remaining two trees to the right side using Dimensionals on one of them.
- To add some dimension around the trees, use the Color Lifter Marker and rub the big nib (the end with the thicker line on pen) along the Balmy Blue nib. This is how you can get a lighter color blue to brush on the paper around the tree bottoms to make a well area. You might want to practice on a scratch piece of paper first. This is a method I use to get a new shade of a color and sometimes for blending. I was taught this is called “kissing” the markers.
- Next stamp the horses’ hooves in Grey Granite Ink stamp up the path.
- Now it’s time to cut the Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper with the 2nd largest Deckled Rectangle. Adhere the frame to card front using Dimensionals or Foam Adhesive Strips.
- The fence goes on next. Use a Glue Dot or two on the left end and dimensionals on the right end of the fence.
- Using Dimensionals add the sleight to card front.
- The bottom right corner is bare looking. You can add a greeting here or as I did, adhere an animal so it’s partially on the frame by using Dimensionals on the part that doesn’t go on the frame. It may take stacking 2 dimensionals for the same height if you used the foam strips for the frame.
- The Greeting is from the Retired Happy Holly-Days stamp set from last year. Stamp it in Night of Navy Ink onto White Cardstock and cut out with a die from the Labels Aglow Dies Set. Add greeting to card front at the top with Stampin’ Seal.
- For the inside I also used a verse from retired Happy Holly-Days stamp set in Shaded Spruce Ink. From the same set I used the Poinsettia stamp and stamped it in Real Red Ink in opposite corners and also on the bottom left envelope corner.
And now you have a beautiful Christmas card to brighten someone’s season.
- Basic White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” This is your card base
- Basic White: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” for stamping all your items onto, 4” x 5-1/4” card inside
- Painted Christmas DSP: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Stamps: Christmas Barn, Snowman Magic, Happy Holly-Days (retired)
- Dies: Barn Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Labels Aglow Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper
- Stampin Pads: Grey Granite, Memento Black
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Foam Adhesive Strips, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat, Paper Snip Scissors
SWEET SUNFLOWERS AUGUST 2022 PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
Subscribe July 11 – August 10 | August 2022 Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit
Here comes the sun(flower) for a crafting experience you won’t forget! The Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit has so much in store—elegant watercolor designs hand-crafted by our in-house artists, TWO Classic Stampin’ Spots for a Two-Step stamping experience, and the all-new twist technique to make your floral designs come alive with depth and detail!
Plus earn free Sale-a-bration merchandise with a qualifying order through August 31st, 2022.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE PAPER PUMPKIN INFORMATION
Current Host Code: W9AGNGQR
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****