STAMPIN’ UP SWEET SONGBIRDS FUN FOLD CARD
Sweet Songbirds Pocket Fun Fold Card
Today I’m sharing with you the Sweet Songbirds on a Fun Fold Pocket Card. This card is wonderful to grab and write a thank you note to someone or just to drop a short note to let a person special to you know that you’re thinking of them. I decided to not add a sentiment to my note cards so I can just grab one when I need it for whatever the occasion is. Once you make this card and see how easy it is, you’ll want to keep some on hand. There is a video available to watch on how to simply make this card. I just hope you’re neater with the glue than I was, my fingers were sticking together. At the end of the website post will be the card I made out of the DSP I showed you how to cut in the video for a single sheet of paper. There are diagrams on the “PRINT DIRECTIONS” Button below. Thank you for joining me on this journey of card making.
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
Let’s Get Started
- Take the Mint Macaron Cardstock, first piece cut from the top of the score line down to the left bottom corner. With the other piece cut from the top of score line down to bottom right corner on the diagonal.
- Next attached the 2 pieces together by adhering the two 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” bases together to form one card base.
- Fold on Score lines and burnish with Bone Folder. Fold the sides in.
- Next, we cut the Designer Series Paper to go on the triangles. To use just one piece of paper cut in half on the diagonal from the right top corner to the bottom left corner. The piece on the right side will go on the right triangle front. Flip the other triangle over and this will go on the left triangle front. Adhere the DSP in place. For the same DSP on each side, you will need two 5-1/4” x 4” pieces. Cut the first one on the diagonal from the top right corner to the bottom left corner, keep the one on the right side. Take the other piece of DSP with the side facing up as when you cut the first piece and cut it on the diagonal from the top left corner to the bottom right corner keeping the piece on the left side. Adhere the two pieces you kept to the corresponding triangle front.
- Put a thin line of Glue at the very bottom of the middle section of the card front, fold the left triangle card front to middle.
- Put a thin line of Glue across the front bottom of card front and also where the right side will overlap the left triangle making sure not to get any glue on the middle section of the Mint Macaroon Cardstock (your pocket area), then fold the right triangle over. You should now have a pocket area behind the triangles.
- Using the Songbird Builders Punch, punch out the different pieces of your bird. Build the bird with first the Black belly adhered with glue or tape. Add the Daffodil Delight wing with a glue dot. Glue on Pumpkin Pie beak and stamp the eyes in Early Espresso Ink.
- Stamp the nest with Soft Suede Ink on Sahara Sand Cardstock. Fussy cut out. Adhere your Sweet Songbird to the nest with a Glue Dot then adhere both pieces to card front with Dimensionals.
- Using the Bough Punch, punch out six pieces of the leaves and 3 of the other one out of Vellum paper. Adhere the pieces with Glue Dots so they’re coming out from under the Songbird and nest.
- With the largest Scalloped Contour Die cut out your Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the branch on the right hand side in Soft Suede Ink, the leaves in Mint Macaron Ink and the flowers in Daffodil Delight Ink. Make sure you put a piece of paper to cover the scallops if you don’t want the branch to go stamp on them.
- Put your scalloped White decorated panel into the card pocket. Add 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds to the a flower on the decorated panel and a couple to the card front.
- Stamp the bottom left corner of the envelope with the branch, leaves and flower as you did the panel above.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Mint Macaron: 8-1/2” x 11”, score on 11” side at 5-1/2”. Then cut cardstock in half lengthwise at 4-1/4” (you now have two 4-1/4” x 11 pieces)
- Basic White: 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Daffodil Delight: Scrap
- Pumpkin Pie: Scrap
- Basic Black: Scrap
- Sahara Sand: Scrap
- Design A Daydream DSP: 4” x 5-1/4” (2)
- Vellum: Scraps
- Stamps: Sweet Songbirds
- Dies: Scalloped Contour Dies
- Punches: Songbird Builder Punch
- Cardstock/Paper: Mint Macaron, Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Sahara Sand, Design A Daydream Designer Series Paper (Host paper), Vellum
- Stampin Pads: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Mint Macaroon, Daffodil Delight
- Embellishments: 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds
- Others: Stampin Emboss Powders – Basics (Black, Clear & White)
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Cut & Emboss Machine, Clear Blocks, Take Your Pick, Bone Folder, Stampin Pierce Mat
Stamping With Bonnie-Lynn Mini Catalog Designer Series Paper Share
It’s time for the New July to December Mini Catalog filled with Beautiful Designer Series Papers, Stamps, Bundles, Ribbons, Embellishments and much more. Even more important, it’s time for a Designer Series paper Share. I’d love to have you join my paper share. Shares give you a good working sample of all of the papers so that you can decide which ones to order in full packs.
I’m going to be placing my order of 16 different paper packs along with note cards and envelopes on July 1st. Since it only takes 2 days for an order to reach me once Stampin’ Up ships it, I hope to be able to mail your paper share to you the week of July 10th. What I do is order full packs of the papers that are included in the share. I then cut them into 6″ x 6″ pieces and package the paper groups in cellophane bags. Each bag included a label with the paper name and the colors it coordinates with. If you order a double share then I cut the papers 6″ x 12″.
New Designer Series Paper Share – $29.50 plus $7.00 shipping for First Class Mail Shipping.
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
Current Host Code: FCHGS3F2
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****
Adorable! You are so talented! Thank you always for sharing.