BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP BIRTHDAY CARD
Stampin’ Up Beauty of Friendship Card
Today I’m sharing a card using the Beauty of Friendship Bundle. I like this Stamp Set and the Designer Series Paper and that’s why I’m sharing it. Even though the Beauty of Friendship Stamp Set will be in the next annual catalog, the Friends of the Earth Designer Series Paper and the Beautiful Tree Dies are both retiring May 2nd. They are on the Last Chance List and where both still available when I wrote this.
I made two cards of basically the same style with different pieces of the Friends of the Earth Designer Series Paper so you could see how beautiful it is. It has pages for each season. On the second card I used Misty Moonlight Cardstock and ink, Cotton Ribbon Combo 1/8″ and Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems of which all are on the retiring list and some are marked down.
There is one new item on this card. If you scroll down to the grouping of the photo’s, you will find a picture of the back of the card that shows one of the stamps from the New “Limited Edition” Stamp Set that will be available May 3rd. This is a stamp set with “made with” sayings plus the Stampin’ Up copyright mark that is required on cards that you sale that are made with Stampin’ Up stamps. This is called the Angel Policy.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold your card base in half and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Adhere 3-3/4” x 5” piece of DSP to 4” x 5-1/4” Old Olive Cardstock then adhere to card base front.
- Cut out 2-3/4” x 4-1/4” Old Olive cardstock with the 3rd largest of the Scalloped Contour Dies. Adhere small piece of DSP to the Old Olive.
- Next, you’re going to stamp the tree canopies. First stamp the one that has the shading in your light color, Pear Pizzazz Ink onto Basic White Cardstock. Then stamp the second stamp with the Garden Green Ink over top the Pear Pizzazz stamp. Cut out with coordinating die.
- Stamp the tree stamp in Soft Suede Ink onto Basic White Cardstock. Cut out with coordinating die.
- Adhere tree trunk and canopy to card front. I cut down Dimensionals and used those to adhere them.
- Cut the birds out of a scrap of Bumblebee Cardstock. Adhere to card front with Glue Dots.
- Adhere 3 Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots to card front.
- Stamp the tree trunk in Soft Suede ink to bottom corner of inside Basic White Cardstock. Then stamp the tree canopies as you did in Step 4. Repeat stamp steps onto the bottom corner of a Basic White Envelope.
- Adhere this inside Stamped Basic White Cardstock to the Old Olive Cardstock. Adhere this combination to the inside of the card.
- Attach the 2-1/4” x 6” piece of DSP to back envelope flap with liquid glue. Trim excess DSP as needed.
And now you have a beautiful card to brighten someone’s day.
- Basic White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Old Olive: (2) 4” x 5-1/4”, 2-3/4” x 4-1/4”
- Basic White: Scraps for stamping and about ¾” x 2-3/4” for greeting, 3-3/4” x 5” for inside
- Bumblebee: Scrap
- Beauty of the Earth DSP: 3-3/4” x 5”, 2 x 3-3/8”
- Stamps: Beauty of Friendship, Art Gallery
- Dies: Beautiful Tree Dies, Scalloped Contours Die
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Old Olive, Bumblebee, Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Stampin Pads: Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow
- Embellishments: Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots
- Ribbons: Burlap Ribbon (retired)
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick, Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus and/or Clear Blocks, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
Current Host Code: 4WXGACVY
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****
PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
ABOUT THIS MONTH’S KIT
Name: Change is Beautiful:
This kit includes:
- Number of projects: 9 cards; 3 each of 3 designs; 9 envelopes
- Change is Beautiful Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Spot®
- Printed card bases
- Printed envelopes
- Printed, shaped die cuts
- Iridescent sea glass
Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo
Subscribe to the April Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 March and 10 April at paperpumpkin.com!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.