POSITIVE THOUGHTS CARD
Stampin’ Up Positive Thoughts Card
Today I’m sharing a card using the Stampin’ Up Positive Thoughts Stamp set and Native Thought Dies. Both these items are retiring and are only available while supplies last through May 2nd. The dies are priced at 50% off regular price. One of the dies I used to cut the Basic White cardstock has an attractive stitch around the rectangle.
This set is great for letting someone know you care about them. It went together quickly and would brighten someone’s day. The Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder I used is also retiring, is available under The Last Chance section on the Stampin’ Up web site and is discounted 40%. Ordering details at end of blog.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold Basic White card base in half and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Emboss one of the 4” x 5-1/4” Fresh Freesia card stock with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder.
- Tie Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon around the embossed Fresh Freesia card stock and tie a bow over to the left side. Position ribbon where you want it. Adhere this to card front.
- Cut the Basic White cardstock out with the rectangular frame in the Nature Thought Dies.
- Stamp your greeting on this rectangular frame in Fresh Freesia Ink.
- Stamp the leaf branch in Garden Green Ink of a scrap piece of Basic White card stock then without reinking the stamp, stamp the Basic White rectangular twice with the leaf branch stamp (this is the stamping off method as each layer is lighter). Cut out the leaf branch you stamped on the scrap with the coordinating die.
- Stamp flower onto piece of scrap Basic White cardstock. I inked the stamp with Fresh Freesia and then with a dauber added some Gorgeous Grape to center of flower then stamped it. Cut out with coordinating die.
- Adhere leaf branch with Glue Dots to Basic White rectangle and the flower with Dimensionals. Apply Wink of Stella to flower.
- Adhere decorated Basic White rectangle with Dimensionals to card front.
- Add 3 Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels to card front.
- Adhere your 2nd piece of Fresh Freesia card stock to card inside.
- Ink the flower with the Fresh Freesia & Gorgeous Grape Inks and stamp on opposite corners of the Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp greeting in Early Espresso Ink on the decorated Basic White card stock. Adhere to the inside Fresh Freesia cardstock.
- Don’t forget to stamp the leaf branch or flower onto the envelope.
And now you have a beautiful card featuring the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set to brighten someone’s day.
- Basic White Thick: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Fresh Freesia: (2) 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White: 3” x 4-1/2”, scraps for stamping, 3-3/4” x 5” for inside
- Stamps: Positive Thoughts
- Dies: Nature Thought Dies
- Embossing Folder: Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Fresh Freesia
- Stampin Pads: Garden Green, Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Early Espresso
- Embellishments: Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon, Wink of Stella
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal, Glue Dots
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick, Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus and/or clear blocks, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors, Dauber
- Basic White Thick Card Base: 4-1/4” x 9-1/4” scored at 1-7/8” on the 9-1/4” side, then turn around to other end and score it at 1-7/8”, 1-3/4” x 4-1/4” (If you start with a 4-1/4” x 11” piece of paper then the piece you cut off is this size)
- Pear Pizzazz: (2) 4” x 1-5/8”, 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White: 3-3/4” x 5” for inside
- Flowering Fields DSP: (2)3-3/4” x 1-3/8”, 1-1/2” x 4”
- Stamps: Tulip Fields, Daffodil Daydream
- Dies: Tulip Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Pear Pizzazz, Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Stampin Pads: Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Ribbon: Bakers Twine White or White Crinkle Ribbon
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal, Glue Dots
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick, Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
Current Host Code: 4WXGACVY
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****
20% SAVINGS Ends Today
During the month of March, you can snag the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine at a 20% discount!
This miniature machine is compatible with a large selection of Stampin’ Up! embossing folders and dies.
Build your craft collection and combine the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with any (or all!) of the select stamp-and-die bundles that are also available for 20% off during the month of March!
Stampin’ Up! has released the products that they are discontinuing on May 2nd. Old Favorites need to make way for new items. There are a number of stamps, dies, punches that are saying good-bye. While it is sad to see some of the items go away you can get some good buys on some of them.
As is the case every year, the 2021 – 2023 In Colors are making there exit along with all the Designer Series papers in the Annual Catalog. If you need any of these cardstocks, DSP or Ink Refills now is the time to order as these items usually go first. And don’t forget about the Embellishments.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP THE DISCONTINUED ITEMS