FLOWERING TULIPS FUN FOLD CARD
Easter Card Featuring Flowering Tulips
Today I’m sharing a Fun Fold card using the Flowering Tulips Bundle from the January to June Mini Catalog. This set is being carried over to the new Annual Catalog but the designer series paper, Flowering Fields is only available to the end of June while supplies last. The paper is beautiful but even without it this bundle will be easy to use for years to come. Tulips are a sign that Spring is in the air.
With the Tulip Dies you can choose to use one cardstock color for the tulips or maybe two or three colors. I selected to use a different color for each layer of the tulip for added dimension on the card for this sample. I have been playing with designs where I used just one cardstock color and then used my Stampin Blend and colored the inner layers darker. I did this by using Mango Melody cardstock for the other layer then the second layer I applied a layer of Mango Melody light Stampin Blend to the cardstock cut petal. Then on the small bud of the tulip that is the third layer of the 3-layer tulip I applied a layer of Dark Mango Melody Stampin Blend to it. This is a quick way of adding character to the tulip.
Let’s Get Started
- Fold card base on the score lines with both ends coming in towards the middle.
- Emboss the 2 end pieces of Pear Pizzazz cardstock with the 3D Tasteful Textile embossing folder. Adhere to the card base end as shown in main photo.
- Adhere Designer Series Paper to the Pear Pizzazz you just put on the card base. If using directional DSP make sure they the print are both in the same direction.
- Take the other piece of Designer Series Paper and emboss it with the 3D Painted Texture embossing folder and adhere it the other piece of Basic White Thick. This is the paper the flowers go on.
- Stamp 3 stems and 2 leaves (one of each size leaf) on Pear Pizzazz cardstock using Pear Pizzazz Ink. Cut out with coordinating Dies.
- Cut out the tulip pieces from the Tulip Dies. There are 7 dies to make the 3 tulips, cut one of each. You will notice that there are 3 matching dies, this is the bud that goes in the center. One tulip has 3 pieces and the other 2 tulips has 2 pieces each.
- Watch the short YouTube video from Stampin’ Up! on how to assemble the tulips. The only thing I did different was I used a mini dimensional on the bottom backside of the piece that adheres first to each tulip.
- Adhere stems to the DSP from Step 4. Adhere smallest tulip to center stem with Glue Dots or Stampin Seal. Adhere the other 2 tulips with Dimensionals. Adhere leaves with Dimensionals.
- Adhere this paper to top flap only of card front with 4 Dimensionals.
- Make a double bow out of White Baker’s Twine and attach to stems with a Glue Dot.
- Adhere piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock to inside of card.
- Adhere piece of Basic White cardstock to the Pear Pizzazz cardstock.
- Stamp you greeting in Mossy Meadows Ink to card inside so it shows in the opening. The one I used is Daffodil Daydreams Stamp Set.
- Embellish with Brushed Brass Butterflies.
Stampin’ Up shared the video above to demonstrate how to assemble the Tulip Dies. This was very helpful to me and you will probably find it valuable too.
And now you have a beautiful Fun Fold card featuring the Flowering Tulips to brighten someone’s day.
- Basic White Thick Card Base: 4-1/4” x 9-1/4” scored at 1-7/8” on the 9-1/4” side, then turn around to other end and score it at 1-7/8”, 1-3/4” x 4-1/4” (If you start with a 4-1/4” x 11” piece of paper then the piece you cut off is this size)
- Pear Pizzazz: (2) 4” x 1-5/8”, 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White: 3-3/4” x 5” for inside
- Flowering Fields DSP: (2)3-3/4” x 1-3/8”, 1-1/2” x 4”
- Stamps: Tulip Fields, Daffodil Daydream
- Dies: Tulip Dies
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White Thick, Basic White, Pear Pizzazz, Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Stampin Pads: Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow
- Embellishments: Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Ribbon: Bakers Twine White or White Crinkle Ribbon
- Adhesives: Dimensionals, Tear N Tape, Stampin Seal, Glue Dots
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick, Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine, Stamparatus, Bone Folder, Paper Snip Scissors
Current Host Code: HTWC7MQJ
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater of merchandise and receive a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
*****Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards. Please also check that the Current Host Code is in the box when checking out.*****
Stampin’ Up! has released the products that they are discontinuing on May 2nd. Old Favorites need to make way for new items. There are a number of stamps, dies, punches that are saying good-bye. While it is sad to see some of the items go away you can get some good buys on some of them.
As is the case every year, the 2021 – 2023 In Colors are making there exit along with all the Designer Series papers in the Annual Catalog. If you need any of these cardstocks, DSP or Ink Refills now is the time to order as these items usually go first. And don’t forget about the Embellishments.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP THE DISCONTINUED ITEMS
ENDS IN 4 DAYS – SAVE 20%
During the month of March, you can snag the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine at a 20% discount!
This miniature machine is compatible with a large selection of Stampin’ Up! embossing folders and dies.
Build your craft collection and combine the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with any (or all!) of the select stamp-and-die bundles that are also available for 20% off during the month of March!
Check out the flyer by clicking the “View The Flyer” below to get all the details!
View The Flyer